Kitchen is the most significant area of your home and cabinets are the most vital aspects of your kitchen. It won’t be wrong to state that cabinets are the life and soul of a kitchen without which we can expect running the kitchen chores easily, efficiently and smoothly. Cabinets are eth place where all of the essential kitchen supplies, dishes, pans, pots, jars and food items are stored. Therefore, it must be functional but being functional does not mean that you can turn a blind eye to the decorative aspects of the cabinets.
Maintaining the decorative aspects of your kitchen cabinets is neither so tough nor so expensive. You need not spend through the nose on buying and installing new cabinets every time you want to give a new look to your home. You can economically do it by refinishing the ones you have and give your kitchen a whole new look.
So, you are ready to refinish the old kitchen cabinets but not sure how to get started. Well, if you are now aware of the right process of refinishing the Kitchen Cabinet, just go on reading. Listed below are a few tips that will go a long way to make this task a little easier for you.
• Take off all the hardware and remove the doors by suing a screwdriver.
• Sand down all exterior parts of the cabinets until they get smooth to the touch. It would be much appreciated if you do the inside as well.
• After smoothening out the exteriors and interiors of the cabinets, wipe down them so as to remove the dust and double check that everything is perfectly smooth.
• After wiping, let them dry completely before staring the next step.
• Choose the type and color of paint you want to use and apply it efficiently.
• Allow it to dry and then check for missed spots. If you see any missed spot or stains on any part of the cabinets, paint these areas again until everything is completely covered.
• Make sure to give enough time to touch ups so that they may thoroughly dry before, then proceed the next step.
• Use a clear coat over the stain in order to give the cabinets that extra shine and required protection.
• Now, it's time to replace the hardware. However, replacing the hardware is not essential. You can use the same hardware or if wish, purchase new decorative designs also. Buying a new one will give your cabinets that extra touch which will complete the overall decor.
These efficient kitchen cabinets refinishing tips will definitely help you change the overall look and usability of your kitchen without spending a fortune but if you want to get the better outcome of the procedure, it is best to hire a professional to deal with the task of kitchen cabinet refinishing.
Contacting a professional company is always the best route to walk on as it will not only render the better outcome but also save you time and energy as well as the stress that you may have to go through while doing it on your own. So, why to bear the stress on your own when you can easily delegate it on the professional’s shoulders? Contact them now!